Be Empowered. Be Empowering. B-Epic.
Ballad Health knows how to B-Epic. We’re taking care of our people like they’re family. We’re providers, hand holders, listeners and call takers; from our team members who wipe down operating tables to those who wipe away tears – we are the healthcare organization of the Appalachian Highlands.
Now we’ve taken another step to be the best – with Epic. We’re saving time, being more present and improving safety with one electronic health record. The benefits of Epic far outweigh the challenges of learning a new EHR system. Small victories each day will soon add up to major wins.
While half of our organization already uses Epic in their daily workflows, the other half is now joining hands to complete Ballad Health’s circle of care. With some training, knowledge, patience and support, Ballad Health can continue providing the best care to our region’s people, because we’ll have the best tools. With Epic, screens, workflows and apps can be personalized; simple tasks can be done quickly to save time; patients have the option of paperless billing; the online patient portal empowers patients and minimizes the need for phone calls; customized modules are dedicated to specialty care; and one record follows patients wherever they go.
One Ballad Health team member said, “Epic helps me be a better provider.”
This one’s for the record books. Let’s be empowered and empowering. Let’s B-Epic.
With Epic, Ballad Health can safely and efficiently write patients’ health stories
When we work in different departments – or even in different cities – we can stand together for the good of patients. With Epic, we can listen to their stories while ensuring that the chapters stay together in one place – in one health record – to improve accessibility, connectedness and safety.
Reasons to B-Epic
- With a single login, clinicians can see a patient’s complete story
- Providers can have access to their patients’ records at other institutions using Epic’s Care Everywhere
- Patients are empowered with Epic’s online health management tool, MyChart
- Integrated financial and billing data = stronger financial performance
- Inpatient and outpatient charts are combined, increasing patient safety
- Nurses can document care while physicians can enter orders – all from a single interface
- Epic’s workflows were created by users at many of the nation’s leading health systems
- An estimated 90% of medical students and residents are educated on Epic
Recent NewsView All News
June 23, 2020Despite global pandemic, Ballad Health successfully launches Epic electronic health records system in its outpatient clinics
Despite global pandemic, Ballad Health successfully launches Epic electronic health records system in its outpatient clinics; progresses…Read More
June 9, 2020‘Next chapter’ newsletter – June 2020
Last week kicked off the June go-live for ambulatory clinics, and weexperienced a smooth implementation with fewer…Read More
May 12, 2020‘Next chapter’ newsletter – May 2020
It’s the final countdown – only 19 days till the June go-live! We’re excited to announce that…Read More